Facial scrubbing or exfoliation is a long tried and tested method for preventing skin related problems. The market is filled with diversities of facial scrubs all of which are effective in getting your skin to where you desire it to be. That being said, when we talk about the facial scrub, we are simply referring to a good facial exfoliator utilized for the removal of dead skin cells as well as dry patches from the face. You may decide not to utilize any of the exfoliators available in the market. If that is the case, homemade facial Scrubs are possible and are relatively cheaper, plus you get to choose what ingredients best suite you. In doing this you have to take into consideration your skin type as well as your beauty needs. In essence, facial scrubs, will remove the old skin and ultimately creates space for the growth of new cells. This would relatively bring pores to the minimal and also reduce fine lines.
Types of Facial Scrubs
Mechanical Exfoliation: This process is achieved with the use of abrasives for the removal of skin cells that are dead. Ingredients such as kernels, crushed nuts or shells are utilized. The method simply involved you massaging your skin with the aid of an abrasive. Rough sponge or loofah can also be used.
This process uses chemicals such as alpha hydroxy acid, fruit acids, and salicylic acid. These ingredients when properly concentrated would dissolve the cells thereby relatively causing the removal of dead skin cells which are unwanted.
That Being Said, you might wonder, what exactly are the benefits associated with facial Scrubs? Here they are:
Benefits Of Facial Scrubs.
- It prevents Flaky Skin: This right here is a skin disaster you don't want to have. It shows everyone that proper care is not being given to the skin. Flaky skin when left unattended to would give rise to dry patches. Proper facial exfoliation easily solves this problem.
2.It Gives You A Flawlessly Clean Skin: Facial scrubbing guaranteed you a literally clean skin without sweat, dirt or oil. Products such as cleansing milk, facial cleansers, and face wash cannot reach deep into the skin to pull out all dirt. However, where these products stop, facial scrubbing begins.
- Gets Rid Of Dark Patches: This one is quite a revelation. Facial Scrub is so good it can actually remove all dark patches. With a spoon of yogurt added to a spoon of walnuts which have been crushed, you have your solution. Utilize this scrub two times weekly. It can also be used on knees, knuckles, and elbows.
- It Guarantees You Enhanced Skin Texture: It facial scrubbing gives you a clean and better looking smooth skin.
- It Guarantees Smooth Skin: No one would pick a rough and dry looking skin over a smooth skin. What happens when your skin is already rough? Here is when this benefit of Facial Scrub comes in. Grind Almonds the equivalent of a cup. Add two spoons of milk cream and honey. This facial scrub mixture leaves you looking and feeling beautiful with your skin feeling shift and properly nourished.
- Removes Dead Cells: Dead Cells are a hell no!. It causes your skin to look pale and tired. Get rid of them with a facial scrub.
- Stops The Manifestation Of Ingrown Hair. This skin problem is perennial and can only be aborted by scrubbing. For this, you will have to extract the juice from two lemons, throw in sugar the equivalent of a cup and add some water. This scrub is best for preventing Ingrown hair. If you wish, you may take it further by adding a couple of drops of tea tree oil. This is due to the fact that it possesses antiseptic properties. It is best used after two or three days gap from the day of waxing.
- It Makes The Skin Glow: Facial scrub can actually give your face a glow. Simply put rice in milk and let it soak for two hours. Then grind it till you have a paste. Use the paste to scrub your face for the best results.
- It Gets Rid Of Acne Scars: You'll be amazed at how quickly acne scars disappear when proper exfoliation is carried out. Mix two spoons of baking soda into a spoon of water. Turn it into a paste. Apply to your face to get rid of unwanted acne marks.
- It Guarantees Enhanced Clarity In Complexion: It has been established that facial scrub gets rid of spots, scars, dark patches, Ingrown hair amongst other skin issues. When all that is gone you are left with a flawlessly clear complexion.
Why Should People Indulge In Facial Scrubs
As stated in the above benefits. Exfoliating on a regular basis ensures that the deepest ingrained dirt is pulled out. Dead skin cells are also removed, the pores are opened up and the skin is left looking and feeling healthier.
When the flakey old skin is exfoliated, it is replaced by a smooth and much more soft looking skin. One that is evidently revived. Facial scrubbing also slows down the aging rate of the skin when it is done on a regular basis.
It is advised that the skin should be scrubbed twice or thrice a week. This is however not a rigid rule. It all depends on the level of sensitivity of your skin or your skin type. Dermatologists, however, advise against scrubbing daily. In the incidence that you have been scrubbing to an extreme, you need a break to allow your skin heal.
To ensure you properly exfoliate, the first thing is to wash your face properly. Pay special attention to your nose and forehead and their surrounding areas. Then utilize a thick and smooth moisturizer for the purpose of hydrating your skin.
Summarily several brands have placed their Scrubs on the market. You also have the option of making your own mixture right in the comfort of your home. If you opt for the products in the market, be sure to select wisely and you would have your needed results. When scrubbing, scrub in a circular motion and remember the two to three times weekly rule as directed by dermatologists. With proper exfoliation, you can be sure to have your skin more healthy and radiant.
Shop Chick Body by Chick Cosmetics facial scrubs here.